Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Poison Flower, by Thomas Perry

I think this is my third Jane Whitefield book, and I cannot remember her being quite so blood-thirsty.  There was none of the thread I liked so much in Runner that explored the ways that technology and the loss of personal privacy have made it so much more difficult to disappear. Jane rescues a man who has been falsely convicted of killing his wife, and falls into the hands of some very bad men.  After failing in their attempts to get the runner's location from her, they attempt to auction her to the highest bidder.  Her Seneca ancestors and guilt-induced ghost Harry help out.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first Thomas Perry. Jane is tough and smart and her mistakes make her human, thank goodness because she is one tough cookie. One thing kept niggling at me, though. Where did she acquire all the funds she uses so freely?

    CathyW

    ReplyDelete