Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stolen Lives, by Jassy Mackenzie

There are so many things to like about this book.  PI Jade de Jong is a great character, and Superintendent David Patel is a wonderful moral counterpoint.  Bringing in the British detectives was interesting as well, though I guess it should have clued me into the fact that Jade's bodyguard gig and the police's human trafficking investigation might have something to do with each other.  Duh.  South Africa still ranks low in my vacation destinations thanks to Mackenzie.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful review - I am so glad you enjoyed the book. And I do hope that you travel to South Africa at some stage. It is a wonderful country in many ways but sadly as a crime writer I am obliged to show its worst side and comment on its social problems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three people have since told me that they had wonderful vacations in South Africa. Sorry, Jassy!

    ReplyDelete